Rats! The end is nigh for No 11's uninvited guests
Thursday 27 January 2011
A rat-catcher has been called into Downing Street to deal with rodents that so far have been captured on television cameras, but not by any traps at No 10.
A family of the creatures is thought to be hiding in bushes outside George Osborne's residence at No 11. One rat was seen recently sniffing outside the Prime Minister's front door during a live report on BBC News, while ITV's Lucy Manning has also appeared on screen with an unwelcome background distraction scuttling along the footpath.
Two officers from Westminster Council are on the case, and yesterday a man in a khaki jacket and a wide-brimmed hat appeared with what for the rats was a particularly ominous Waitrose carrier bag, containing traps and poison.
- 1 Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
- 2 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 3 Christian blogger says she will not wear leggings in public because they entice men and cause them to look at her 'lustfully'
- 4 Thank heavens for Louise Mensch and her foul-mouthed tweets to world leaders
- 5 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Louise Mensch says 'F**K YOU' in explosive tweets about David Cameron, Saudi Embassy and the Queen over King Abdullah tributes
£25000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This web-based lead generation ...
£125 - £150 per day + Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: A 'wonderful primary ...
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: Our client is an 11-16 mixed commun...
£32000 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A rapidly developing company in...