Suicide 'was sacrificial'
Thursday 15 September 1994
Professor David Regan, 55, head of politics at Nottingham University and adviser to ducation ministers, including Kenneth Clarke when he was Secretary of State, gassed himself in his car last July. He left eight letters of explanation, one to the Nottinghamshire coroner, Dr Nigel Chapman, who refused to read it out. He recorded a verdict of suicide.
Obituary, page 23
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Senior Automation QA ...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£31000 - £43000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£27000 - £45000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Lambeth...