Britain's best Bank Holiday beaches (just in case it doesn't rain)
Wednesday 02 May 2012
With the weather man trying to beat the hose pipe-ban with admirable belligerence, you're unlikely to find yourself basking on warm sands this Bank Holiday weekend.
But we're hoping to will a bit of sunshine into existence by looking at the best British beaches you could spend next Monday relaxing on if the rain goes away.
Whether it's the beach huts of Southwold, the amusements of Blackpool or the sharp stones of Brighton, Britain has plenty of beach culture to choose from.
Let's get our swimsuits, deck chairs and knotted hankies at the ready - and pray for the weather.
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
£70000 - £80000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Group Head of Marketing and Communic...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: Level 3 Nursery Nurse required for ...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: L3 Nursery Nurses urgently required...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: We have a number of schools based S...