Britain's best Bank Holiday beaches (just in case it doesn't rain)
Wednesday 02 May 2012
With the weather man trying to beat the hose pipe-ban with admirable belligerence, you're unlikely to find yourself basking on warm sands this Bank Holiday weekend.
But we're hoping to will a bit of sunshine into existence by looking at the best British beaches you could spend next Monday relaxing on if the rain goes away.
Whether it's the beach huts of Southwold, the amusements of Blackpool or the sharp stones of Brighton, Britain has plenty of beach culture to choose from.
Let's get our swimsuits, deck chairs and knotted hankies at the ready - and pray for the weather.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£23999 - £32001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: An independent ac...