Britain's best Bank Holiday beaches (just in case it doesn't rain)
Wednesday 02 May 2012
With the weather man trying to beat the hose pipe-ban with admirable belligerence, you're unlikely to find yourself basking on warm sands this Bank Holiday weekend.
But we're hoping to will a bit of sunshine into existence by looking at the best British beaches you could spend next Monday relaxing on if the rain goes away.
Whether it's the beach huts of Southwold, the amusements of Blackpool or the sharp stones of Brighton, Britain has plenty of beach culture to choose from.
Let's get our swimsuits, deck chairs and knotted hankies at the ready - and pray for the weather.
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 3 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help
Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
Sir David Attenborough interview: The one question about life that still baffles him
Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help
One spelling error costs Companies House up to £9 million after being sued for ruining business
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
£17000 - £23750 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Liverpool based international...
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: This post arises as a result of the need to...
£120 - £150 per annum: Tradewind Recruitment: I am recruiting on instruction o...
£70000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Finance - Financial Controller - Fina...