The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have announced that they are expecting another infant human, the highly anticipated follow-up to baby George who has captivated the world since his birth last year, opening hospitals, dancing the hula and pledging to bore a hole to the centre of the Earth and open a shelter there by 2017.
As ever, brands and businesses couldn't resist shaving a few retweets off the social media-shattering news - let us look over their efforts and collectively sigh for the level of overbearing brand engagement Royal Baby 2 will have to endure when he/she is old enough for a Twitter account:
1. "Uuugggh we sell pizza. But babies don't eat pizza?" "Dave..Dave…they could CALL it pizza." *nods slowly, taps keyboard*
Congrats to Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge! May we humbly suggest naming the #RoyalBaby 'Pizza'?— PizzaExpress (@PizzaExpress) September 8, 2014
2. John Lewis, official sponsor of all royal offspring, keeping it classy
Delighted to hear the news from @ClarenceHouse that The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge are expecting a second child - congratulations!— John Lewis (@johnlewisretail) September 8, 2014
3. WHY AM I HAVING A DISCUSSION WITH A MALT LOAF?
Congratulations Kate and Will!!!! So do we think George will be having a brother or a sister?? #RoyalBaby— Soreen Malt Loaf (@SoreenHQ) September 8, 2014
4. Royal Baby II is barely the size of a raspberry, but has already been linked with a fiery death
5. Number of times Kate has visited Waitrose to buy high quality chorizo – 1 Number of times she has thought about picking up Pampers in Tesco – 0.
6. *Insert joke about it arriving five days late*
7. Why are crowns driving a Nissan Xtrail! Is Salvador Dali in charge of their social media?
8. Aside: Please don't buy your baby Crocs
9. Someone explain to me the correlation between the royal baby and drunk ordering a Texas BBQ Double Decadence pizza at 2am
10. Applicant must have: service weapon, musical tastes no more exotic than Coldplay
11. Pop culture! Let me buy all of the smoothies already!
Most exciting things on Twitter, in order: 1) #RoyalBaby news 2) Baked Alaska mishap 3) Somebody in One Direction does something.— innocent drinks (@innocentdrinks) September 8, 2014
12. Stop it Innocent! They're already dead!
For anybody not excited about the breaking #RoyalBaby news, don’t worry – Twitter will probably calm down about it in 9, 10 months tops— innocent drinks (@innocentdrinks) September 8, 2014
13. Royal baby...let's get drunk, dance to Pitbull and have a lousy time!
14. Wait, whose baby?
Read more: Duke and Duchess expecting second baby, Palace confirms
Elizabeth and Henry top royal baby name odds
Background: What is 'acute morning sickness'?
Prince George Turns One - Defining Moments Of His 'Career'