A suspect has been killed after a police sniper shot him in the chest during a standoff, after an armoured van opened fire at Dallas Police headquarters.
The key developments:
- Multiple shots were fired by an automatic weapon at the headquarters on from what appeared to be an armoured van.
- Gunman was killed after being shot by a police sniper during an exchange of gunfire at a fast food restaurant car park in Hutchins.
- Two explosive devices found near headquarters were detonated.
- Police confirmed there have been no injuries to officers or civilians.
- A police chief said: "We were increasingly concerned for our officers trying to negotiate with him. Our Swat team made the call and I believe it was the correct call to stop his violence."
Please wait a moment for the live blog to loadReuse content