Man held for biting pet snake
Monday 05 September 2011
A man is in custody after being accused of biting a python in what police in California said was apparently an unprovoked attack on a friend's pet snake. The suspect, David Senk, 54, was arrested on suspicion of unlawfully maiming a reptile, Sacramento police said. The snake was badly injured and needed stitches after surgery to its wounds.
In a jailhouse interview on local TV, Senk said he had no recollection of the incident after blacking out from drinking.
Asked why he might have bitten the snake, Senk replied: "I get drunk, I get crazy. I don't know." Senk said he was "not too fond of snakes [but] I try not to bite them. It's the other way around usually". REUTERS
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
Excellent Salary Package - £60K to £120K: Austen Lloyd: We have an exciting op...
£200 - £250 per day: Progressive Recruitment: Java Developer - Urgent Requirem...
£70000 - £95000 per annum + Bonus, flexible working hours, remote work: Progre...
£50000 - £56000 per annum + Benefits package, flexible working hours: Progress...