Never mind Paul Ryan's policies, check out those pecs
Interest in Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney's vice-presidential running mate, is understandably at an all-time high. But it appears that Americans aren't particularly intrigued by his policies – instead, they want his abs. After "Paul Ryan budget", the top search term on Google for articles about the Republican candidate is "Paul Ryan shirtless". The 42-year-old used the P90X video workout – which apparently takes 90 days of exercise and good nutrition to turn you from a Mr Creosote to a preening Adonis – to craft his enviable physique. Its year-on-year sales have doubled in the past week.
Across the pond, politicians have a thing for regimented fitness programmes. Condoleezza Rice would rise at 4.30am for a punishing workout. Sarah Palin, meanwhile, relies on a diet of caribou steak and pounding through the Alaskan wilds on a snowmobile – "It's the best upper body workout you could ever have," she said.
David Cameron must wish that British politics was so waistline-conscious. It might stop Boris Johnson in his tracks.
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
Excellent Package: Austen Lloyd: This is a senior appointment with huge potent...
£28000 - £31500 per annum + benefits: Randstad Education Newcastle: Permanent ...
£50000 - £58000 per annum + Benefits and Bonus: Progressive Recruitment: SAP F...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + BENS: Progressive Recruitment: Drupal Developer A ...