Rio overtaken by Carnival revellers
Sunday 19 February 2012
Revellers in Rio de Janeiro dance at the annual neighbourhood party known as Ceu de Terra, one of many local parties that took place yesterday during the Rio Carnival.
Although the carnival is most famous for extravagant costumed parades in the city's Sambadrome arena, many residents prefer to celebrate with local street parties.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: VB.NET SQL CSS Develop...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£21000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Graduate QA/Graduate T...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: PHP Developer (MySQL, ...