A TV daredevil who tried to parachute off New York's Empire State Building can not set foot in the landmark again, a court ruled.
Jeb Corliss was permanently barred from the skyscraper as part of a ruling last week in a lawsuit filed by the building's corporate owners.
The court decision also tossed out Mr Corliss' claims that the owners defamed and otherwise harmed him in responding to the April 2006 episode.
Corliss' lawyer, Mark Jay Heller, called the ruling "a hollow victory" for the skyscraper's management, saying the stuntman had already promised to avoid the building unless invited back.
Corliss, 34, is a Base jumper - the acronym stands for building, span, antenna, earth - who says he's made more than 1,000 successful leaps from structures and cliffs around the world. He lives in California.
He was the host of a Discovery Channel programme called Stunt Junkies when he donned a fat suit with a parachute hidden underneath and went up to the 102-story Empire State Building's 86th-floor observation deck on April 27, 2006.
He stripped off the disguise in a bathroom, put on a helmet with a video camera and scaled a fence at the edge of the deck. Security guards stopped him by grabbing him through the fence.
Corliss was later convicted of a misdemeanour charge of reckless endangerment. He was sentenced to three years' probation and 100 hours of community service.
He told the jury he didn't "think there was anything wrong with what I do" and believed Base jumping should be a right. The Empire State Building's owners saw those remarks as a continuing threat to trespass at the storied skyscraper.Reuse content