Super Bowl Diary: Brangelina's Public Display of Affection
Tuesday 09 February 2010
Preparing, perhaps, for yesterday's announcement that they are to sue the
News of the World over "false allegations" that they are splitting up, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie turned the game into one big Public Display of Affection. The starry couple, who own a house in New Orleans' French Quarter, spent Super Bowl afternoon at the stadium, rooting for their team while exchanging hugs, smiles, and high-fives for the cameras.
* Super Bowl television ads are supposed to showcase the best that America's branding industry has to offer. Headlines were stolen, however, by an anti-abortion advert, and a slot promoting David Letterman's chat show that saw him share a sofa with arch-rival Jay Leno and Oprah Winfrey. "This is the worst Super Bowl party ever," said Letterman. To which Ms Winfrey replied: "Now David, be nice!"
* What does an old rocker do when his Super Bowl performance doesn't get the crowd going? In the case of The Who's Roger Daltrey, he moans. "I really wished the crowd would have gotten into singing the songs with us more," he said. The Chicago Sun-Times called Daltrey and band-mate Pete Townshend "woefully flat and way out of synch... two grizzled old pros going through the motions for a high-profile payday". The Houston Chronicle said they "harmonised like bickering walruses".
- 1 Marijuana use by teenagers does not result in a lower IQ or worse exam results, study finds
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
Kim Jong-un 'purge': Six North Korea officials missing for weeks 'may have been executed'
Diwali: What is the festival of lights – and how is it celebrated around the world?
Nathan Cirillo: Final pictures emerge of soldier moments before he was shot dead by Ottowa gunman
Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
£300 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: SSRS Report Developer – 3 Mon...
£95 - £150 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Key Stage 1 teacher require...
£32000 - £39000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Ashdown Group: Generalist HR Man...
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel like your sales role...