Super Bowl Diary: Brangelina's Public Display of Affection
Tuesday 09 February 2010
Preparing, perhaps, for yesterday's announcement that they are to sue the
News of the World over "false allegations" that they are splitting up, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie turned the game into one big Public Display of Affection. The starry couple, who own a house in New Orleans' French Quarter, spent Super Bowl afternoon at the stadium, rooting for their team while exchanging hugs, smiles, and high-fives for the cameras.
* Super Bowl television ads are supposed to showcase the best that America's branding industry has to offer. Headlines were stolen, however, by an anti-abortion advert, and a slot promoting David Letterman's chat show that saw him share a sofa with arch-rival Jay Leno and Oprah Winfrey. "This is the worst Super Bowl party ever," said Letterman. To which Ms Winfrey replied: "Now David, be nice!"
* What does an old rocker do when his Super Bowl performance doesn't get the crowd going? In the case of The Who's Roger Daltrey, he moans. "I really wished the crowd would have gotten into singing the songs with us more," he said. The Chicago Sun-Times called Daltrey and band-mate Pete Townshend "woefully flat and way out of synch... two grizzled old pros going through the motions for a high-profile payday". The Houston Chronicle said they "harmonised like bickering walruses".
- 1 Games of Thrones actor Lena Headey makes emotional promise to her unborn daughter
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...