Super Bowl Diary: Brangelina's Public Display of Affection
Tuesday 09 February 2010
Preparing, perhaps, for yesterday's announcement that they are to sue the
News of the World over "false allegations" that they are splitting up, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie turned the game into one big Public Display of Affection. The starry couple, who own a house in New Orleans' French Quarter, spent Super Bowl afternoon at the stadium, rooting for their team while exchanging hugs, smiles, and high-fives for the cameras.
* Super Bowl television ads are supposed to showcase the best that America's branding industry has to offer. Headlines were stolen, however, by an anti-abortion advert, and a slot promoting David Letterman's chat show that saw him share a sofa with arch-rival Jay Leno and Oprah Winfrey. "This is the worst Super Bowl party ever," said Letterman. To which Ms Winfrey replied: "Now David, be nice!"
* What does an old rocker do when his Super Bowl performance doesn't get the crowd going? In the case of The Who's Roger Daltrey, he moans. "I really wished the crowd would have gotten into singing the songs with us more," he said. The Chicago Sun-Times called Daltrey and band-mate Pete Townshend "woefully flat and way out of synch... two grizzled old pros going through the motions for a high-profile payday". The Houston Chronicle said they "harmonised like bickering walruses".
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 Sussex couple die in suspected Christmas Day 'suicide pact'
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)
Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
UK weather: Warning for more snow and ice as freezing temperatures and gales hit Britain
UK weather: Travel chaos continues as King's Cross train delays add to snow on roads
The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Not specified: Selby Jennings: VP/SVP Credit Quant Top tier investment bank i...
£40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior Marketing Executiv...
£40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: An international organisa...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Internal Recruiter -Rugby, Warwicksh...