Super Bowl Diary: Brangelina's Public Display of Affection
Tuesday 09 February 2010
Preparing, perhaps, for yesterday's announcement that they are to sue the
News of the World over "false allegations" that they are splitting up, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie turned the game into one big Public Display of Affection. The starry couple, who own a house in New Orleans' French Quarter, spent Super Bowl afternoon at the stadium, rooting for their team while exchanging hugs, smiles, and high-fives for the cameras.
* Super Bowl television ads are supposed to showcase the best that America's branding industry has to offer. Headlines were stolen, however, by an anti-abortion advert, and a slot promoting David Letterman's chat show that saw him share a sofa with arch-rival Jay Leno and Oprah Winfrey. "This is the worst Super Bowl party ever," said Letterman. To which Ms Winfrey replied: "Now David, be nice!"
* What does an old rocker do when his Super Bowl performance doesn't get the crowd going? In the case of The Who's Roger Daltrey, he moans. "I really wished the crowd would have gotten into singing the songs with us more," he said. The Chicago Sun-Times called Daltrey and band-mate Pete Townshend "woefully flat and way out of synch... two grizzled old pros going through the motions for a high-profile payday". The Houston Chronicle said they "harmonised like bickering walruses".
- 1 Windows 10: man updates PC, wakes up to find porn slideshow on repeat
- 2 The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
- 3 John Green schools morning show hosts after awkward interview with Cara Delevingne
- 4 Supermodel Gisele Bundchen mocked for wearing a burka to avoid being seen visiting plastic surgeon in Paris
- 5 Bulletproof armadillo puts Texas man in hospital after shot bounces off hard shell
Whoopi Goldberg tells Cara Delevingne to suck it up: 'She's not famous. I'M famous'
John Green schools morning show hosts after awkward interview with Cara Delevingne
Supermodel Gisele Bundchen mocked for wearing a burka to avoid being seen visiting plastic surgeon in Paris
Bulletproof armadillo puts Texas man in hospital after shot bounces off hard shell
'Rowdy' Roddy Piper dies: Wrestling legend dies aged 61, according to reports
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
£17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are a leading company in the field ...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£26041 - £34876 per annum: Recruitment Genius: There has never been a more exc...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...