Bomb explodes at political rally in southern Nepal, killing four
Monday 30 April 2012
A bomb exploded today in a busy market area in a southern Nepal town
where a political rally was being held, killing at least four people and
wounding 14 others, police said.
Police said the explosion occurred in Janakpur during rush hour. People had gathered in the area for a political rally to demand a separate state in a new constitution being drafted by the country's Constituent Assembly.
Witnesses said the bomb was hidden in a red motorcycle parked next to the rally, police said.
Police detained one person for questioning. A little-known group calling itself Janatantrik Terai Mukti Morcha claimed responsibility for the bombing.
The town is about 200 kilometers (125 miles) southeast of the capital, Katmandu.
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
- 4 Amy Winehouse unpublished 2004 interview: ‘Ten years from now I’ll be 30, so I’ll maybe have one baby’
- 5 Dutch paedophile club to fight their ban at the European Court of Human Rights
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
£49000 - £55000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client is...
£48000 - £54000 per annum + Benefits package: Progressive Recruitment: My clie...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: If you're pa...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: SAP Business...