New North Korean leader following in his father's goose steps
Friday 17 February 2012
Goose-stepping soldiers marched by the memorial palace for North Korea's late leaders as Kim Jong-un yesterday presided over a military birthday commemoration for his father.
Kim Jong-il died of a heart attack in December and North Koreans marked what would have been his 70th birthday by showing support for his young son and successor.
Across Pyongyang, they bowed before Kim Jong-il's portrait and placed blossoms in his honour on the holiday now called "Day of the Shining Star".
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Exercise most effective lifestyle choice for preventing dementia, researchers say
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£75000 - £90000 per annum + UNCAPPED OTE + PACKAGE: Harrington Starr: European...
attractive: Citifocus: Prestigious Investment Management Company seeks a finan...
£70000 - £90000 per annum + Package + Bonus: Harrington Starr: ETRM Project Ma...
attractive: Citifocus: and complete all required maintenance, to monitor and c...