Tributes after woman plunges to death from balcony

Click to follow

Tributes were paid today to a woman who died after falling from a balcony in Singapore.

Sarah Royle, 31, is believed to have suffered broken bones and a blood clot to the brain following the accident.

She had to be resuscitated in the ambulance on the way to hospital and was placed on a life support machine.

Doctors switched off her life support on Sunday after Miss Royle's sisters, Johanna, 35, and Premsa, 32, flew in from Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, to be at her bedside.

They now face having to raise thousands of pounds to pay for their sister's medical expenses.

Reports said Ms Royle had been celebrating the World Cup when she fell.

Writing on Facebook, friend Joanne Booth said: "my beautiful friend sarah, i will miss you so much, i will always have a hole in my life without you & always have a friend missing.

"We had sum good times didnt we, here's to more when we next meet. Rest in peace gorgeous angel, your back with your mum now, love you so much x x x x x x x x x x x."

Joanna Heyes posted a message on Facebook saying: "At 4am when Sarah's life support was being switched off a few of Sarah's friends met up and lit candles and shared a couple of memories in the square of H.B.

"Maddy made a lovely board 4 people to write on & Karen brought lots of glitter & shiny stuff :) the square looks lovely. You've left a huge hole in people's hearts Sarah you was a good frend to many. R.I.P Miss sharky Royle. Our love goes out to Jo and Prem XXX."

Close family friend Julia Curtis, 32, told the Yorkshire Post: "Everyone is devastated. Jo and Premsa are heartbroken. They just wanted to get straight out there.

"The three of them are so close. They haven't got any other family because their parents have both died, so there's just the three of them.

"She lived life to the full and she will be so missed by all her friends and family."

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office confirmed Ms Royle's death on June 27 in Singapore and said next of kin were receiving consular assistance.