23 regime troops killed in Syria dawn raid
Tuesday 15 May 2012
Rebels killed 23 Syrian soldiers yesterday in battles around the town of Rastan, according to a rights group. The battles followed heavy army shelling of the town, in which opposition sources said at least nine people were killed.
The British-based Observatory for Human Rights said fighting began at dawn and rebels destroyed three armoured personnel carriers and seized two others, capturing around 15 soldiers.
Heavy fighting was also reported in Lebanon, as the conflict spilled across from Syria. At least four people were reported to have been killed in Lebanon's second city, Tripoli. reuters
East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
Is this bridge haunted by the ghost of nu rave?
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
Saudi Arabia says it won't rule out building nuclear weapons
Germanwings plane crash: Andreas Lubitz 'had eyesight problems' and woke from nightmares 'screaming we’re going down'
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Is this bridge haunted by the ghost of nu rave?
- 3 Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
£6 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity to join a gro...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Service Delivery Manager is required to join...
£12000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A opportunity has arisen for a ...
£32000 - £38000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A successful accountancy practice in...