A diet scheme worth its weight in gold (or £27)
Competitive weight loss was the stuff of TV shows like The Biggest Loser, but now Dubai is taking it to the masses.
The state has launched the month-long “Your Weight in Gold” competition, to encourage heavies to slim down. Those who do, will be rewarded with around £27 for every two kilograms lost.
Rewarding people for staying healthy might sound like bribing children for exam results, but similar “wellness” programmes are increasingly popular in US firms, who are keen to keep the cost of private healthcare down.
The largest could be the biggest winners in this new trend, which healthy-types might claim unfairly rewards those who allowed themselves to become obese in the first place.
Weather bomb in pictures: Storms cuts power for tens of thousands – and snow is on the way
Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
Russell Brand was rendered speechless on Question Time by this man
Fury at Airbus after it hints the super-jumbo may be mothballed
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£65000 - £80000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Finance Director required to jo...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique opportunity fo...
£50000 per annum + 26 days holiday,pension: Ashdown Group: A highly successful...
£27000 per annum + pension + holidays: The Jenrick Group: A Quality Technician...