Blair bodyguard 'fires gun accidentally'
Tuesday 11 November 2008
One of Tony Blair's guards accidentally fired his gun at Israel's Ben-Gurion International Airport today as the former prime minister was boarding a plane. No one was hurt.
An Israeli police spokesman said the incident happened as the guard was unloading his gun prior to getting on the flight.
And airport spokeswoman said: "One of his bodyguards accidentally fired his gun, and the bullet hit the ground."
Mr Blair is now the envoy of the Quartet of Middle East peacemakers - the US, UN, EU and Russia.
He attended a Quartet meeting in the Egyptian resort of Sharm el-Sheik and had a round of meetings with Israeli officials before leaving Israel.
At the same airport in June, French President Nicolas Sarkozy was hustled onto his plane when a police officer shot himself dead.
Costa Concordia: Shipment of Mob drugs was hidden aboard cruise liner when it hit rocks off Italian coast, investigators say
Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
University of Cambridge: Remains of 1,300 scholars are found under building
Jeremy Clarkson 'could be given minder' ahead of a potential Top Gear return
Turkey power cut: Prime Minister says nationwide blackout could be caused by terrorists
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Trevor Noah: Jon Stewart's replacement faces online criticism over 'anti-Semitic' tweets
- 3 Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
- 4 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 5 Syrian child photographed 'surrendering to camera because she thought it was a gun'
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A rare and exciting role has arisen within thi...
£14000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A vacancy has arisen for a keen...
£14000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to expansion, this multi-ac...
£21000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity for an e...