Car bombs kill 22 in Baghdad
Monday 07 October 2013
Multiple bombs exploded in quick succession in Baghdad on Monday, killing at least 22 people and wounding at least 67.
The apparently co-ordinated attacks, mostly involving car bombs, struck mainly commercial areas across the Iraqi capital in the evening.
Police reported at least seven explosions in six neighbourhoods, though at least one other blast could be felt in the city centre.
Al-Qa’ida’s local branch in Iraq claimed responsibility on Monday for a spate of suicide attacks last month in the northern, relatively peaceful self-ruled Kurdish region.
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel
£26000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly successful international media organ...
£35000 - £41000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: QA Manager -...
Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: LONDON - BANKING / PROPERTY FINANCE - ...
£28000 - £30000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: An ambitious...