Car bombs kill 22 in Baghdad
Monday 07 October 2013
Multiple bombs exploded in quick succession in Baghdad on Monday, killing at least 22 people and wounding at least 67.
The apparently co-ordinated attacks, mostly involving car bombs, struck mainly commercial areas across the Iraqi capital in the evening.
Police reported at least seven explosions in six neighbourhoods, though at least one other blast could be felt in the city centre.
Al-Qa’ida’s local branch in Iraq claimed responsibility on Monday for a spate of suicide attacks last month in the northern, relatively peaceful self-ruled Kurdish region.
Black Friday 2014: Opening times for Asda, John Lewis, PC World, GAME and Argos
Miss Honduras Maria Jose Alvarado's stylist Luis Alfredo Garcia is found stabbed to death
Dr Lam Hoe Yeoh: Voyeur doctor jailed for eight years after using network of hidden cameras to film patients, colleagues and friends on the toilet
'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 1 'Kidnapped boy may have been abused and murdered by VIP paedophile ring,' say police
- 2 Ridley Scott on Exodus, Gods and Kings casting: 'I'm not going to get it financed if my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such'
- 3 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 4 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
£18000 - £23000 per annum + OTE: SThree: SThree are seeking Associate Recruitm...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Comission: SThree: SThree, International Recruitme...
£35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With more than half the world's populati...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: HR Advisor - CIPD - Buxton A highly...