Car bombs kill 22 in Baghdad
Monday 07 October 2013
Multiple bombs exploded in quick succession in Baghdad on Monday, killing at least 22 people and wounding at least 67.
The apparently co-ordinated attacks, mostly involving car bombs, struck mainly commercial areas across the Iraqi capital in the evening.
Police reported at least seven explosions in six neighbourhoods, though at least one other blast could be felt in the city centre.
Al-Qa’ida’s local branch in Iraq claimed responsibility on Monday for a spate of suicide attacks last month in the northern, relatively peaceful self-ruled Kurdish region.
Germanwings crash: Police make 'significant discovery' at home of co-pilot Andreas Lubitz
Andreas Lubitz: Who is Germanwings co-pilot who 'locked out captain and crashed flight 9525'?
#FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
Russia unveils plans for high speed railway and superhighway to connect Europe and America
Cate Blanchett loses temper during interview: 'That's your f**king question?'
- 1 Germanwings crash: Police make 'significant discovery' at home of co-pilot Andreas Lubitz
- 2 JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
- 3 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 4 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 5 Jeremy Clarkson calls on trolls to leave producer Oisin Tymon alone: 'None of this is his fault'
£50000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to continued business growt...
£20000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity has ari...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Well established and expanding ...