Car bombs kill 22 in Baghdad
Monday 07 October 2013
Multiple bombs exploded in quick succession in Baghdad on Monday, killing at least 22 people and wounding at least 67.
The apparently co-ordinated attacks, mostly involving car bombs, struck mainly commercial areas across the Iraqi capital in the evening.
Police reported at least seven explosions in six neighbourhoods, though at least one other blast could be felt in the city centre.
Al-Qa’ida’s local branch in Iraq claimed responsibility on Monday for a spate of suicide attacks last month in the northern, relatively peaceful self-ruled Kurdish region.
- 1 Woman 'suffocates newborn baby in plastic bag and puts it in her desk minutes after giving birth'
- 2 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years
£26000 - £28000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: Senior Accounts Assistan...
£24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...