Iran denies supplying Hamas with missiles
Sunday 18 November 2012
A senior Iranian politician has denied that his country had supplied Palestinian militants in Gaza with missiles capable of hitting Israel's commercial centre.
Hamas's armed wing said on Saturday it had launched an Iranian-made Fajr-5 rocket at Tel Aviv, about 43 miles north of Gaza, in the third rocket attack on the city since Wednesday. Israeli police said the rocket was intercepted mid-air by an Israeli anti-missile battery.
Iran has condemned Israel's offensive as "organised terrorism". But Alaeddin Boroujerdi, head of the national security and foreign policy committee in Tehran, said Israeli claims that Iran was supplying rockets were unfounded.
Kate Winslet thanked 'particularly horrible' girl who bullied her at school after Titanic success
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Stuart Baggs dies: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
Prince Charles branded a 'serial hypocrite' after flying less than 70 miles to attend polo match
Jeremy Corbyn silences critics with response to the accusation that he's unelectable - video
- 1 Stuart Baggs dies: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 2 As the world mourned the death of Cecil the lion, five endangered elephants were killed in Kenya
- 3 Amazon Prime - how to cancel: after Top Gear hiring, instructions on how to leave premium service
- 4 What is halal meat and why is it controversial?
- 5 Living in Spain and commuting to London 'cheaper than actually working in London'
£14000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to continued success, this ...
£12000 - £14000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This bespoke furniture and inte...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity to join...
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This provider of commercial security solution...