Iranian public holidays to reduce pollution
Wednesday 01 December 2010
The authorities have declared a two-day public holiday in Tehran and other cities in an attempt to reduce dangerous levels of air pollution.
The capital will all but shut down today and tomorrow as public offices, banks, schools and universities close. Cars are already only being allowed on the roads on alternate days.
Tehran has been experiencing alarming levels of air pollution for more than a week and officials made last Wednesday a public holiday in their first attempt to tackle the problem.
Gillian Anderson lays into gender disparity in Hollywood
Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered...
Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
Brad Pitt, on the moment he completely lost his temper with Clint Eastwood's son
Jennifer Lawrence nude photos leak: More celebrities allegedly targeted as third wave of hacked images released
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered...
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >
This is an unpaid volunteer role. : Belong: We are looking for volunteers who ...
£17000 - £18000 per annum: Randstad Education Group: Experienced TA's urgently...
£100 - £110 per day: Randstad Education Group: Supply Business Studies Teacher...
£110 - £125 per day: Randstad Education Cardiff: English Teacher - CaerphillyT...