Iraq: Nine die in latest wave of bombings
Tuesday 16 April 2013
Two car bombings in Iraq have killed nine people and wounded 27, a day after dozens were killed in a spate of attacks across the country.
One of the blasts happened outside a car repair shop in Aziziyah town, 35 miles south-east of Baghdad. Earlier, a bomb targeting an army patrol north of Baghdad killed two soldiers. The bombings came a day after a string of attacks across Iraq killed 55 people.
The assault bore the hallmarks of al-Qa’ida and appeared aimed at sowing fear days before the first elections since US troops withdrew.
Human Rights Act: Benedict Cumberbatch, Vanessa Redgrave and Indira Varma among stars urging government not to repeal Act
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
Priest warns pupils the 'Charlie Charlie Challenge' is 'demonic activity'
Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
US warned by Chinese media to stop meddling or 'war will be inevitable'
- 1 I was raped by another man. And now the Government wants to take away the one thing that saved my life
- 2 Preston fan who appeared to snatch Jermaine Beckford's shirt from eight-year-old boy identified and says: 'the truth will come out'
- 3 Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 'Paracetamol Challenge': Police and teachers issue warning to parents over social media craze
£30 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Software / Web Developer (PHP / MYSQL) i...
£18 - 20k + Benefits: Guru Careers: An Account Executive is needed to join one...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Software Developer / Software Engineer i...
Voluntary and unpaid, reasonable expenses are reimbursable: Reach Volunteering...