Jordanian MP opens fire on tribal rival in parliament
Tuesday 10 September 2013
An MP has been accused of opening fire several times on a colleague with an automatic rifle and chasing him through the parliament building before being overpowered.
No one was hurt in the fracas today, the result of a personal dispute, but prosecutors in the capital Amman have charged Talal Sharif with attempted murder.
Both men, like many in the 180-seat chamber, belong to the traditional Bedouin tribes. King Abdullah II instructed the speaker to hand over Sharif to police custody. If convicted of various related charges, he faces 15 years in jail.
Spain accused of 'provocation' after letting Russian submarine refuel off Gibraltar
The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
Allonautilus scrobiculatus: World's 'rarest' creature spotted for only the third time ever
Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
Bangkok Bomb: Thai police name Adem Karadag as suspect arrested over blast that killed 20
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 5 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
£18000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive or Senior Sal...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leading company produces h...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...