Jordanian MP opens fire on tribal rival in parliament
Tuesday 10 September 2013
An MP has been accused of opening fire several times on a colleague with an automatic rifle and chasing him through the parliament building before being overpowered.
No one was hurt in the fracas today, the result of a personal dispute, but prosecutors in the capital Amman have charged Talal Sharif with attempted murder.
Both men, like many in the 180-seat chamber, belong to the traditional Bedouin tribes. King Abdullah II instructed the speaker to hand over Sharif to police custody. If convicted of various related charges, he faces 15 years in jail.
Undertaker dead hoax: WWE wrestler not 'found dead in home' as Facebook and Twitter reports
Malaysia Airlines MH370 co-pilot's phone 'was on and made contact with network tower' 30 minutes after plane turned around
Oscar Pistorius trial: Reeva Steenkamp told athlete she 'loved him' in Valentine's Day letter
Total lunar eclipse 2014: Where can I see the blood moon? Live-streaming and more
Lunar eclipse 2014: Images of last night's spectacular 'blood moon'
- 1 Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 2 Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 What's in the safe? Man live-photographs cracking of mysterious locked box on Reddit
- 5 Drugs giant GlaxoSmithKline bribed doctors to boost sales, says whistleblower
£45000 per annum + benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Move from Audit to Advisor...
£35000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: You must ...
£60 - £70 per day: AER Teachers: THE SCHOOL: This outstanding Secondary School...
£36000 - £40000 Per Annum On call allowance.: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...