Jordanian MP opens fire on tribal rival in parliament
Tuesday 10 September 2013
An MP has been accused of opening fire several times on a colleague with an automatic rifle and chasing him through the parliament building before being overpowered.
No one was hurt in the fracas today, the result of a personal dispute, but prosecutors in the capital Amman have charged Talal Sharif with attempted murder.
Both men, like many in the 180-seat chamber, belong to the traditional Bedouin tribes. King Abdullah II instructed the speaker to hand over Sharif to police custody. If convicted of various related charges, he faces 15 years in jail.
Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
Jihadi John': MI5 may have identified Isis militant who killed David Haines but options limited
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: Police will be on high alert on Friday whatever the result
The wedding photo from Ground Zero: A shot in the dark
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 3 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
- 4 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
£35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior QA Engineer (Agil...
£26000 - £28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Digital Marketing Executive (SEO, PP...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our retail client ...
£400 - £450 Per Annum possibly more for the right candidate: Clearwater People...