Named: Britons who were on aid flotilla
Tuesday 01 June 2010
The Foreign Office said that as many as 40 British nationals were taking part in the aid flotilla attacked by Israelis as it headed to Gaza.
It is believed that the bulk of them are detained in a compound in the southern Israeli city of Be'er Sheva.
Here is a list of those believed to be involved - compiled from information supplied by relatives and campaign groups:
* Gehad Sukkur, 39, from Altrincham, Cheshire;
* Parveen Yaqub, 39, from Honley, West Yorkshire;
* Denis Healey, 55, originally from Portsmouth, Hampshire, now living in Cyprus;
* Kevin Ovenden, from Newham, east London;
* Nicola Enchmarch, from Wimbledon, south west London;
* Nader Daher, from Hendon, north London;
* Alexandra Lort-Phillips, 38, from Hackney, east London;
* Sarah Colbourne, from Hackney, east London;
* Ashan Shamrak, from north London;
* Hassan Ghani, from north London;
* Sidique Hajee, from Bradford, West Yorkshire;
* Peter Venner, from the Isle of Wight;
* Mohammed Bhaiyat, from Bradford, West Yorkshire;
* Nur Choudhary, from Tower Hamlets, east London;
* Baboo Zanghar, from Bolton, Lancashire;
* Tauqir Sharif, from Chingford, Essex;
* Cliff Hanley, from Bristol;
* Sakir Yildirim, from Bristol;
* Ismail Patel, from Oadby, Leicester.
Also believed to be among the passengers are Alex Harrison and Ibrahim Musaji. No addresses for them have been given.
First full-length look is finally here
World cities ranked in terms of safety, food security and 'liveability'
Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
Sex abuse inquiry: 'Victims receive death threats' after MPs release names online
Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
Teenager brandishing fake gun taken down by police after demanding airtime on Netherlands' NOS TV station
The awkward moment Sarah Palin raised $25,000 for Hillary Clinton's election campaign
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 The awkward moment Sarah Palin raised $25,000 for Hillary Clinton's election campaign
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a friendly, confident i...
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: At Tradewind Recruitment we are currently l...
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: Tradewind Recruitment is currently working ...
£28000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...