Named: Britons who were on aid flotilla
Tuesday 01 June 2010
The Foreign Office said that as many as 40 British nationals were taking part in the aid flotilla attacked by Israelis as it headed to Gaza.
It is believed that the bulk of them are detained in a compound in the southern Israeli city of Be'er Sheva.
Here is a list of those believed to be involved - compiled from information supplied by relatives and campaign groups:
* Gehad Sukkur, 39, from Altrincham, Cheshire;
* Parveen Yaqub, 39, from Honley, West Yorkshire;
* Denis Healey, 55, originally from Portsmouth, Hampshire, now living in Cyprus;
* Kevin Ovenden, from Newham, east London;
* Nicola Enchmarch, from Wimbledon, south west London;
* Nader Daher, from Hendon, north London;
* Alexandra Lort-Phillips, 38, from Hackney, east London;
* Sarah Colbourne, from Hackney, east London;
* Ashan Shamrak, from north London;
* Hassan Ghani, from north London;
* Sidique Hajee, from Bradford, West Yorkshire;
* Peter Venner, from the Isle of Wight;
* Mohammed Bhaiyat, from Bradford, West Yorkshire;
* Nur Choudhary, from Tower Hamlets, east London;
* Baboo Zanghar, from Bolton, Lancashire;
* Tauqir Sharif, from Chingford, Essex;
* Cliff Hanley, from Bristol;
* Sakir Yildirim, from Bristol;
* Ismail Patel, from Oadby, Leicester.
Also believed to be among the passengers are Alex Harrison and Ibrahim Musaji. No addresses for them have been given.
UK's biggest male rape charity Survivors UK has state funding slashed to zero despite 120% rise in men reporting sexual violence and seeking help
Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
Priest warns pupils the 'Charlie Charlie Challenge' is 'demonic activity'
Tinder and Grindr dating apps blamed for surge in cases of HIV, syphilis and other STDs
Fifa corruption arrests: Sepp Blatter 'quite relaxed' and confident he is 'not involved'
- 1 UK's biggest male rape charity Survivors UK has state funding slashed to zero despite 120% rise in men reporting sexual violence and seeking help
- 2 'Don't blame all men for rape' campaign backfires spectacularly
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A small rapidly expanding IT So...
£22,400: The Grange Retirement Home: This is a key role which requires a sound...
£30 - 35k: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pricing Analyst to join a leading e-...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...