Named: Britons who were on aid flotilla
Tuesday 01 June 2010
The Foreign Office said that as many as 40 British nationals were taking part in the aid flotilla attacked by Israelis as it headed to Gaza.
It is believed that the bulk of them are detained in a compound in the southern Israeli city of Be'er Sheva.
Here is a list of those believed to be involved - compiled from information supplied by relatives and campaign groups:
* Gehad Sukkur, 39, from Altrincham, Cheshire;
* Parveen Yaqub, 39, from Honley, West Yorkshire;
* Denis Healey, 55, originally from Portsmouth, Hampshire, now living in Cyprus;
* Kevin Ovenden, from Newham, east London;
* Nicola Enchmarch, from Wimbledon, south west London;
* Nader Daher, from Hendon, north London;
* Alexandra Lort-Phillips, 38, from Hackney, east London;
* Sarah Colbourne, from Hackney, east London;
* Ashan Shamrak, from north London;
* Hassan Ghani, from north London;
* Sidique Hajee, from Bradford, West Yorkshire;
* Peter Venner, from the Isle of Wight;
* Mohammed Bhaiyat, from Bradford, West Yorkshire;
* Nur Choudhary, from Tower Hamlets, east London;
* Baboo Zanghar, from Bolton, Lancashire;
* Tauqir Sharif, from Chingford, Essex;
* Cliff Hanley, from Bristol;
* Sakir Yildirim, from Bristol;
* Ismail Patel, from Oadby, Leicester.
Also believed to be among the passengers are Alex Harrison and Ibrahim Musaji. No addresses for them have been given.
California teacher appears to have hanged herself in her classroom
The City of the Monkey God: Archaeologists claim to have found city lost for 1,000 years in remote Honduran jungle
Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
Bubonic plague-carrying fleas found on New York City rats
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Ed Miliband less influential than One Direction's Louis Tomlinson in official Doncaster power list
- 3 Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
£16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leading provider of Teleradiology s...
£19000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leading provider of Telera...
£14600 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Established in 2003 the company...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing, Google certi...