Return of wounded president Ali Abdullah Saleh still uncertain
Friday 01 July 2011
Yemen's president, Ali Abdullah Saleh, was so severely injured in an assassination attempt that it is uncertain when he will return to the country, his Vice-President has said. Mr Saleh was wounded in a bomb attack on his palace in early June amid months of protests against his three-decade rule, and is being treated in Saudi Arabia.
Vice-President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi told CNN that he saw Mr Saleh after the attack with a piece of wood between his ribs and burns to his face, arms and upper body. Mr Hadi said no one could tell when Mr Saleh might return.
Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
Car tax disc changes: Five facts you never knew about your (almost obsolete) tax disc
The Aral Sea: Nasa pictures show how what was once the fourth largest lake in the world has become almost completely dry
Brad Pitt, on the moment he completely lost his temper with Clint Eastwood's son
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- < Previous
- Next >
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped OTE: SThree: SThree Group have been well ...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + OTE: SThree: Real Staffing Group is seeking Traine...
£120 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: We have an exciting opportunity...
Competitive: Randstad Education Manchester: SEN Teacher urgently required for ...