The flogging of Saudi blogger Raif Badawi has not gone ahead after medics advised his punishment be postponed for a second week, Amnesty International has confirmed.
On Thursday, Amnesty said a committee of eight doctors carried out a series of tests on the father-of-three and recommended he was not publicly flogged again today.
Mr Badawi had been due to receive the second set of 50 lashes for creating an online forum for public debate and over accusations that he insulted Islam.
His punishment was postponed for the first time last week after doctors determined his wounds from the first 50 lashes he received had not sufficiently healed.
The 31-year-old was sentenced to 1,000 lashes and ten years in total for starting the 'Free Saudi Liberals' website.
On Thursday, the UK's Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond raised Mr Badawi's punishment with the Saudi ambassador to the UK.
The Foreign Office said it was "seriously concerned" about his case, adding that it condemns the use of "cruel, inhuman or degrading punishment in all circumstances".Reuse content