Top Palestinian peace negotiator Saeb Erekat suffers heart attack
Tuesday 08 May 2012
A senior medical official says a top Palestinian peace negotiator has been hospitalized after suffering a heart attack.
Dr. Ahmed Bitwai, head of Ramallah hospital in the West Bank, says Saeb Erekat had a "sharp" attack early today and was taken to the hospital for a heart catheterization.
He says the 57-year-old Erekat will remain in hospital for three days for supervision.
Erekat has been a leading negotiator with Israel in talks over Palestinian independence during the past two decades.
A fluent English speaker, he also is well-known for his frequent media appearances in the West.
Perez Hilton apologises for publishing Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
Jennifer Lawrence 'nude photo hacker' claims there are hundreds more celebrity images to come
Victoria Justice on naked photo leak: 'Let me nip this in the bud right now – pun intended'
Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
Ariana Grande nude photos leak: Pictures are completely fake, say representatives
- 1 Al Pacino on suffering from depression: 'It can last and it's terrifying'
- 2 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
£21000 - £35000 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Secondary teachers ne...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Sheffield: Primary PPA Teachers required for wo...
£21000 - £35000 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Maths teachers requir...
£35000 - £38000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Executive Assistant/Event...