Top Palestinian peace negotiator Saeb Erekat suffers heart attack
Tuesday 08 May 2012
A senior medical official says a top Palestinian peace negotiator has been hospitalized after suffering a heart attack.
Dr. Ahmed Bitwai, head of Ramallah hospital in the West Bank, says Saeb Erekat had a "sharp" attack early today and was taken to the hospital for a heart catheterization.
He says the 57-year-old Erekat will remain in hospital for three days for supervision.
Erekat has been a leading negotiator with Israel in talks over Palestinian independence during the past two decades.
A fluent English speaker, he also is well-known for his frequent media appearances in the West.
James Foley 'beheaded': PM cuts holiday short for emergency meeting on British response to latest Isis atrocity
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – as hunt begins for killer
Iraq crisis: Islamic State's message to America - 'We will drown you all in blood'
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
£45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Quantitative Analyst (Financial Services, ...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: Application Support Engineer (C++, .NET, VB, Per...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Software Developer (Client-Side, SQL, VB...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...