Top Palestinian peace negotiator Saeb Erekat suffers heart attack
Tuesday 08 May 2012
A senior medical official says a top Palestinian peace negotiator has been hospitalized after suffering a heart attack.
Dr. Ahmed Bitwai, head of Ramallah hospital in the West Bank, says Saeb Erekat had a "sharp" attack early today and was taken to the hospital for a heart catheterization.
He says the 57-year-old Erekat will remain in hospital for three days for supervision.
Erekat has been a leading negotiator with Israel in talks over Palestinian independence during the past two decades.
A fluent English speaker, he also is well-known for his frequent media appearances in the West.
Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Wreckage could be found within a week as search reaches 'very critical juncture', says minister
The man they forgot to lock up: Mike Anderson was sentenced to 13 years in jail, but the police never came
Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
South Korea ferry disaster: Families watch as remains of Sewol victims returned to shore
- 1 Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 Criminals ‘using unmanned drones and infrared cameras to find illegal cannabis farms’ – and then steal from the growers
£130 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Ilford: Secondary Geography Teacher Lo...
£55 - £70 per day: Randstad Education Cheshire: Are you a dynamic and energeti...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Group: SEN TAs, LSAs and Support Workers needed...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: The Sheffield office of this...