Damned beautiful: Get in the mood for Gatsby's second coming next month
Sunday 07 April 2013
1. Charleston cup and saucer
£7.50, Fishpools. Perfect for tea – or a sneaky Prohibition-style cocktail. 01992 780 700, fishpools.co.uk
2. Ebony macassar grand dressing table
£1,620, Black Orchid Interiors. Just the piece at which to perfect your "money can't buy happiness" gaze. 0845 602 1073, houseoffraser.co.uk
3. Multifacet round mirror
£109, Isme. As much of a jigsaw puzzle as the mysterious mogul himself. 0844 811 8112, isme.com
4. Black/gold brass bowls
From £49 each, BoConcept. Now here's the way to a decadent dinner party. 020 7388 2447, boconcept.co.uk
5. Blue Dress by Beer print
From £36.99 (unframed), Georges Barbier from Mary Evans Picture Library. This flapper will be the belle of the wall. 020 8435 6556, art.co.uk
6. Carraway square scatter cushion - lilac
£20, Made.com. Sharing a name with the narrator, no less, this is also available in turquoise and black and white. 0845 557 6888, made.com
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
- 1 Universities aren't working us hard enough, say undergraduates
- 2 Lego letter from the 1970s still offers a powerful message to parents 40 years later
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: You will be joining a long-established, renown...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The key requirements of the rol...
£30000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This south Warwickshire based s...
Competitive + bonus: Selby Jennings: My client, a growing European CIB are loo...