Ashes 2013 corner: Stuart Broad embodied England's purposefulness
Shot of the day
England bristled in the morning, realising they should not hang about in saving the follow-on. Stuart Broad’s firmly driven four through cover point embodied their purposefulness.
Ball of the day
Graeme Swann’s acute delivery to Usman Khawaja, suggested by Broad, pitched outside leg stump and turned in to bowl Australia’s struggling No 3 behind his legs.
Review of the day
Another referral, another debate. David Warner looked out when he essayed a pull at Broad. But the umpire turned down a vociferous appeal, there was no sound to support England and t
Moment of the day
No contest. Warner pulled Tim Bresnan direct to Joe Root at deep square leg much to the home support’s delight. Not the first time this season he had aimed a glancing blow in that direction.
2014 World Cup draw: Roy Hodgson raises possibility of England switching base away from Rio de Janeiro
Liverpool 5 Norwich 1: Brendan Rodgers takes a swipe at Arsenal by claiming Luis Suarez is now worth '£40m and two pounds'
Transfer news: Manchester United's ambitious transfer plans at risk from possible failure to qualify for Champions League
World Cup draw 2014: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Manchester City sign the 'new Lionel Messi' Brahim Abdelkader, and in doing so put one over Barcelona
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen