Australia fall to series defeat in India
Monday 18 March 2013
India sealed a series victory over Australia with a six-wicket win in the third Test in Mohali today. In a tight finish on the last day, MS Dhoni hit three fours in a row to earn victory with just 15 balls remaining as he led his side to 133.
Australia were all out for 223, losing five wickets in the morning before the last two wickets put on 80. Phil Hughes made 69 and was unlucky to be lbw, then there was a middle-order collapse before Brad Haddin, Mitchell Starc and Xavier Doherty brought some respectability to the total.
India lost Murali Vijay, stumped off Doherty, Cheteshwar Pujara lbw to Nathan Lyon, Virat Kohli, who chipped to midwicket, and Sachin Tendulkar, run out, before wrapping up the win. The dropped Shane Watson will return to the Australia squad for the final Test, which begins on Friday.
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk