County Championship round-up: Simon Kerrigan's left-arm magic helps Lancashire to comprehensive win
Thursday 11 July 2013
Bowler of the day
Lancashire's Simon Kerrigan twirled his left-arm magic to help his county to a comprehensive win over Northamptonshire at the County Ground. The 24-year-old was given the responsibility of becoming Lancashire's No 1 spinner after Gary Keedy's departure for Surrey and it is a mantle he has worn lightly so far this season. His four Northants wickets gave him second-innings figures of 7 for 63 and took him to 32 wickets for the season.
Batsman of the day
Tim Ambrose's England career is a now-fading memory but he still keeps putting in high-class performances behind and in front of the stumps for Warwickshire. As his county faltered in their crucial clash against Middlesex, the 30-year-old hit 47 runs to steer his team to the brink of victory.
And it was many happy returns for Wednesday's Bowler of the Day, Chris Rushworth. The now 27-year-old swing merchant helped mop up Derbyshire's tail and took the two wickets he needed to complete a 10-wicket match haul on his birthday.
Angel Di Maria reveals wish to return to Argentina - but don't worry Manchester United fans...
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Husain Abdullah penalised after celebrating a touchdown with a Muslim prayer - causing mass outrage among fans
Robin van Persie reveals Louis van Gaal wants Manchester United to 'be more Dutch and pull on the same rope'
Manchester United risk Uefa row over plan to play lucrative midweek friendlies
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 Isis an hour away from Baghdad - with no sign of Iraq army being able to make a successful counter-attack
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month