Round-Up: Yorkshire are undone by Klinger's 96
Monday 03 June 2013
In the Yorkshire Bank 40, a fighting 96 at Headingley from Group C leaders Gloucestershire's Australian captain, Michael Klinger, condemned Yorkshire to a five-wicket defeat.
Paul Stirling hit a superb unbeaten 132 off 96 balls as Middlesex defeated Leicestershire by 10 wickets. Somerset bounced back to winning ways when they beat Glamorgan by three wickets with 10 balls to spare.
In Group A, a maiden one-day century by Northamptonshire captain Alex Wakely spearheaded a 29-run win against Kent.
In Group B, Durham clinched a 39-run win over Lancashire at Chester-le-Street.
Ryan ten Doeschate blazed 180 off only 98 balls to lead Essex to victory over Scotland at Chelmsford.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Ian Herbert: England need to learn from Aussies and master art of avoiding ‘the creep’ so they can keep winning when they are winning
Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira relive the rivalry - after a shared ice cream in Warsaw
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Alastair Cook future in jeopardy after another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Exercise most effective lifestyle choice for preventing dementia, researchers say
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent