Surrey given Hashim Amla boost
Wednesday 14 August 2013
Surrey's hopes of avoiding relegation from the First Division of the County Championship have been boosted by the signing of South Africa's Hashim Amla, currently rated as the best Test and ODI batsman in the world.
Amla will make his debut against Durham on 22 August and be available for Surrey's six remaining County games. Amla replaces JP Duminy, who had come in for the injured Graeme Smith.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
David Moyes needs to bring in his own players says Phil Jagielka
Manchester United’s ambitious transfer plans at risk from top-four failure
English clubs ditch Heineken Cup - confirming they will not take part in any ERC run competition in 2014-15
Brazil World Cup 2014 draw: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Manchester City sign the 'new Lionel Messi' Brahim Abdelkader, and in doing so put one over Barcelona
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen