Criscito faces fixing inquiry
Saturday 07 July 2012
The Italy defender Domenico Criscito will be questioned by the Italian Football Federa-tion over his alleged role in the match-fixing scandal on 16 July.
Criscito was dropped from Italy's Euro 2012 squad after police interrogated the Zenit St Petersburg player. He is suspected of alleged wrongdoings while at Genoa. He denies the allegations.
Around 50 people have been arrested since last year in the investigation into the latest match-fixing scandal to hit Italy. Prosecutors in Cremona, Bari and Naples have detailed an extensive match-fixing ring stretching as far as Singapore and South America that was allegedly in operation for more than 10 years.
Latest in Sport
- 1 If you weren't afraid of flying before last week... you probably are now
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Lauren Goodger calls for tougher laws on revenge porn after sex tape leaks online
- 5 Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop
Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia