Capello considers calling up Swans
Friday 03 February 2012
Swansea City trio Leon Britton, Scott Sinclair and Nathan Dyer could all be in line for shock England call-ups after Fabio Capello sent his assistant Stuart Pearce on a scouting mission to south Wales this week.
Pearce attended the Swans' match against Chelsea on Tuesday night, in which Sinclair scored in a 1-1 draw, as well as a training session on Monday. England play the Netherlands in a friendly at Wembley on 29 February.
The Swansea manager, Brendan Rogers, said: "It shows the esteem the players are being held in and talked about. I hope for Swansea City that continues. We have to wait and see if they get an England call-up. But I have said before that if our players are called up then they will adapt to that level."
Latest in Sport
Mario Balotelli to Liverpool: Best memes as Twitter reacts to imminent £16m transfer
Manchester United transfer news: Louis van Gaal joins Arsenal and Chelsea in the race for Sami Khedira
Sami Khedira to Arsenal? Arsene Wenger reveals Gunners are still in the market for defensive midfielder
Mario Balotelli to Liverpool: Risky business to think Balotelli can replace Luis Suarez
Malky Mackay texts: Harry Redknapp defends former Cardiff City manger - 'he hasn't raped anyone and he is not a paedophile'
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27