Capello keen on move east
Saturday 07 July 2012
Fabio Capello has not been contacted about becoming the new coach of Russia but would consider any proposal, according to his agent.
Capello has been mentioned as a contender to take over the post vacated by Dick Advocaat following Euro 2012 but his agent and son said yesterday that there had been no contact with the Russian Football Federation.
Pierfilippo Capello said, however, that the former Milan coach would be interested in furthering his career in Russia. "Should an offer arrive from the national team or a Russian club, it would probably be a country we would take into consideration," Capello said.
Latest in Sport
Mario Balotelli to Liverpool: Best memes as Twitter reacts to imminent £16m transfer
Sami Khedira to Arsenal? Arsene Wenger reveals Gunners are still in the market for defensive midfielder
Mario Balotelli to Liverpool: Risky business to think Balotelli can replace Suarez
Malky Mackay allegations: Malky Mackay, Iain Moody and another grim day for English football
Paul Scholes: Manchester United need five experienced players who can turn round a desperate situation
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist