Copa America plan rejected by Spain
Thursday 14 April 2011
Spain have given up the chance to play as a guest nation in this summer's Copa America due to their "tight competition calendar" but "have not ruled out accepting a future invitation," according to their soccer federation.
Japan were originally billed to participate but withdrew from the tournament after the earthquake and tsunami disaster.
Latest in Sport
Ben Stokes and the strangest injuries in sport
Daniel Sturridge reveals Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is 'very demanding'
Michael Schumacher ski accident: Sebastian Vettel pays tribute to F1 legend with special helmet for Australian Grand Prix
Manchester United v Liverpool: How will rivals handle European role reversal?
Nicholas Anelka sacked by West Bromwich Albion: Parting is such tweet sorrow for French striker
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Best films on Netflix: 32 movies that will put an end to your scrolling
- 3 Istanbul protesters take 'Ellen selfie' from the back of a police van
- 4 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Jet ‘hi-jacking’ began soon after take-off
- 5 Lady Gaga has struggled with eating disorders in the past, so it's indefensible that she's glamourising bulimia in her SXSW set