Copa America plan rejected by Spain
Thursday 14 April 2011
Spain have given up the chance to play as a guest nation in this summer's Copa America due to their "tight competition calendar" but "have not ruled out accepting a future invitation," according to their soccer federation.
Japan were originally billed to participate but withdrew from the tournament after the earthquake and tsunami disaster.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Latest in Sport
Ashes 2013/14: England’s Ashes shambles is uglier than ’06 whitewash
Sam Wallace: David Moyes is paying the price of United’s virtual abstinence from top-level transfers since 2006. Can he refire their ambition?
Arsenal 1 Everton 1 match report: Gerard Deulofeu provides late sucker punch after Mesut Ozil's opener
Gerard Deulofeu - Why Barcelona chose Everton to educate their latest prodigy
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
- 1 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 2 Turning up the voice of America
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant