Crouch to continue England career
Peter Crouch today said that he intends to carry on playing international football.
Crouch was reportedly unhappy at being overlooked by England boss Fabio Capello in Saturday's 2-2 draw against Switzerland.
Despite an impressive record of 22 goals in 42 games, Crouch did not make the Three Lions bench at Wembley, with Capello favouring Fulham's Bobby Zamora over the Tottenham striker.
Crouch admits he was disappointed to be left out but said at no point will he turn his back on his country.
Speaking at an event today to publicise the FA MARS Just Play initiative in south-east London, Crouch said: "Do I want to carry on playing for England? Yeah, of course. I would never give up playing for my country at any stage. It's an honour."
Latest in Sport
Police probe Mario Balotelli racist abuse as Kick It Out voice their displeasure
Frank Lampard equalises for Manchester City against Chelsea: how Twitter reacted
All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
Manchester City vs Chelsea match report: Frank Lampard shows no joy after denying Chelsea victory
Leicester City 5 Manchester United 3 player ratings: Leonard Ulloa? Radamel Falcao? Jamie Vardy? Angel Di Maria? Who was the star man?
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders