Crouch to continue England career
Peter Crouch today said that he intends to carry on playing international football.
Crouch was reportedly unhappy at being overlooked by England boss Fabio Capello in Saturday's 2-2 draw against Switzerland.
Despite an impressive record of 22 goals in 42 games, Crouch did not make the Three Lions bench at Wembley, with Capello favouring Fulham's Bobby Zamora over the Tottenham striker.
Crouch admits he was disappointed to be left out but said at no point will he turn his back on his country.
Speaking at an event today to publicise the FA MARS Just Play initiative in south-east London, Crouch said: "Do I want to carry on playing for England? Yeah, of course. I would never give up playing for my country at any stage. It's an honour."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 2 How to turn off/stop 'seen by' on Facebook: Disable it to make your chats seem less passive aggressive
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 5 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free