Crouch to continue England career
Peter Crouch today said that he intends to carry on playing international football.
Crouch was reportedly unhappy at being overlooked by England boss Fabio Capello in Saturday's 2-2 draw against Switzerland.
Despite an impressive record of 22 goals in 42 games, Crouch did not make the Three Lions bench at Wembley, with Capello favouring Fulham's Bobby Zamora over the Tottenham striker.
Crouch admits he was disappointed to be left out but said at no point will he turn his back on his country.
Speaking at an event today to publicise the FA MARS Just Play initiative in south-east London, Crouch said: "Do I want to carry on playing for England? Yeah, of course. I would never give up playing for my country at any stage. It's an honour."
Website users raised funds after Jennifer Lawrence nude photo leak
Latest in Sport
US Open 2014: Roger Federer vs Roberto Bautista Agut match preview
Danny Welbeck joins Arsenal: Welbeck joins growing British core among Arsenal squad - but it wasn't always this homely
‘We knew he was something special:’ Radamel Falcao's journey from teenage debutant to Manchester United's star signing
Manchester United transfer news: Louis van Gaal triggers United upheaval as 13 players leave club since manager arrived
Chelsea completed transfers: A profile of the new arrivals including Cesc Fabregas, Diego Costa and Loic Remy
- 1 David Sedaris: What I learnt from Fitbit about the world around me
- 2 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Cee Lo Green: 'It's only rape if the victim is conscious'
- 5 Katie Hopkins in tears over weight gain challenge: ‘I hate fat people for making me do this’