Crouch to continue England career
Peter Crouch today said that he intends to carry on playing international football.
Crouch was reportedly unhappy at being overlooked by England boss Fabio Capello in Saturday's 2-2 draw against Switzerland.
Despite an impressive record of 22 goals in 42 games, Crouch did not make the Three Lions bench at Wembley, with Capello favouring Fulham's Bobby Zamora over the Tottenham striker.
Crouch admits he was disappointed to be left out but said at no point will he turn his back on his country.
Speaking at an event today to publicise the FA MARS Just Play initiative in south-east London, Crouch said: "Do I want to carry on playing for England? Yeah, of course. I would never give up playing for my country at any stage. It's an honour."
Latest in Sport
Arsenal vs Besiktas: Seven reasons why Arsenal could suffer a Champions League upset
Arsenal transfer news: Could Arsene Wenger move for Danny Welbeck, Loic Remy or Edinson Cavani after Olivier Giroud's injury?
Manchester United transfer news: Is Angel Di Maria really worth £59.7m?
10 most expensive players in British football history - were they hits or misses?
MK Dons vs Manchester United League Cup match report: Louis van Gaal is humiliated after Jonny Evans' error sparks drubbing
- 1 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 2 36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- 5 The 13 obscure UK laws you didn’t know you were breaking