Dodd grabs winner for Adelaide
Thursday 11 December 2008
Travis Dodd headed in a late winner as Adelaide United beat Waitakere United 2-1 at the Tokyo National Stadium tonight to set up a quarter-final clash against Gamba Osaka at the Club World Cup.
The A-League side completely dominated the match but had to battle from behind after Paul Seaman put the Oceania champions ahead against the run of play in the 34th minute.
Daniel Mullen equalised with a bullet header five minutes later and skipper Dodd rewarded Adelaide's second-half pressure by glancing home a Paul Reid free-kick seven minutes from time.
Latest in Sport
Robin van Persie: Manchester United may have more joy if striker is dropped by David Moyes
England 29 Wales 18 match report: Stuart Lancaster's men enjoy their day in the sun at expense of weary Wales
FA Cup semi-final draw: Arsenal to play Wigan at Wembley, Hull paired with Sheffield United
England 29 Wales 18 player ratings: Who was the star man at Twickenham?
FA Cup semi-finals: Lukasz Fabianski will start in goal for Arsenal against Wigan
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 3 Kim Jong-un wins 100% of the vote in North Korean elections
- 4 David Cameron resorts to paying for Facebook fans because not enough people like him
- 5 Steve Irwin’s final words: Cameraman present at death opens up about deadly stingray attack for the first time