Dodd grabs winner for Adelaide
Travis Dodd headed in a late winner as Adelaide United beat Waitakere United 2-1 at the Tokyo National Stadium tonight to set up a quarter-final clash against Gamba Osaka at the Club World Cup.
The A-League side completely dominated the match but had to battle from behind after Paul Seaman put the Oceania champions ahead against the run of play in the 34th minute.
Daniel Mullen equalised with a bullet header five minutes later and skipper Dodd rewarded Adelaide's second-half pressure by glancing home a Paul Reid free-kick seven minutes from time.
A tight game could be in prospect here. Northampton have been keeping things very tight of late and ...
by Gareth Purnell
18 May 2013 02:01 AM
I can’t ever watch games of football or rugby without wistfully wondering what it must be like to be...
by Martin Ayres
16 May 2013 05:10 PM
Since PSG’s exit to Barcelona in the Uefa Champions League quarter-final in April, PSG have been sur...
by Matthew Riding
15 May 2013 02:37 PM
Tears and cheers as David Beckham ends glittering career after helping PSG to final win
Video: Emotional David Beckham leaves the pitch for 'the last time' with PSG
Malaga manager Manuel Pellegrini has pedigree to be success story at Manchester City
Tottenham face nail-biting finish as Arsenal look to secure Champions League place on final day of the Premier League season
Boxing: Carl Froch slams fellow Brits for sparring with Mikkel Kessler
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron at war with press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.