McClaren admits to England errors
Friday 12 August 2011
The former England manager Steve McClaren admits he made mistakes during his spell in charge of the national team.
The Nottingham Forest manager was in charge for 18 months but was sacked after England failed to qualify for Euro 2008.
"It was difficult in the beginning, in the middle and at the end," he told BBC Radio Manchester. "[The job] was a lot of pressure, and yeah I made mistakes, and ultimately a big failure."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Are you turning into your dad? The top ten signs you've embraced dad-ism revealed as survey says 38 is age men turn into their father
- 2 Overheard in Waitrose: documenting the chatter in 'Britain's poshest supermarket'
- 3 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Grace Dent on TV: Game of Thrones has jumped the shark