McClaren admits to England errors
Friday 12 August 2011
The former England manager Steve McClaren admits he made mistakes during his spell in charge of the national team.
The Nottingham Forest manager was in charge for 18 months but was sacked after England failed to qualify for Euro 2008.
"It was difficult in the beginning, in the middle and at the end," he told BBC Radio Manchester. "[The job] was a lot of pressure, and yeah I made mistakes, and ultimately a big failure."
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Latest in Sport
Arsenal v Everton: Mikel Arteta happy for Everton but can't wait to get one over them in Premier League clash
Transfer news: Manchester United's ambitious transfer plans at risk from possible failure to qualify for Champions League
English clubs ditch Heineken Cup - confirming they will not take part in any ERC run competition in 2014-15
Brazil World Cup 2014 draw: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Manchester City sign the 'new Lionel Messi' Brahim Abdelkader, and in doing so put one over Barcelona
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen