World Cup 2014: When is the England squad announced?
All the details on Roy Hodgson's plans ahead of the tournament in Brazil
Wednesday 07 May 2014
With the Premier League season reaching its conclusion this Sunday, the eyes of English football will quickly turn to this summer's World Cup.
But when will Roy Hodgson reveal which players are on the plane to Brazil?
The England manager will announce his 23-man squad, as well as seven further players on standby, on Monday May 12 at the Luton base of England sponsor, Vauxhall.
The team will jet off to a training camp in Portugal before returning to England for their friendly with Peru at Wembley on May 30.
They then go to Miami for two final warm-up games against Ecuador and Honduras at NFL side Miami Dolphin's Sun Life Stadium, in early June.
England captain Steven Gerrard is certain of a place in the squad, but not everyone can feel so confident
Fifa's deadline for the final squads is June 2 and England can make any necessary changes up until this date.
Host nations Brazil were the first team to announce their squad for the show-piece tournament which starts on June 12.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal and Puma unveil world's first left-footed football
Italy vs England player ratings: Did Andros Townsend's goal see him beat Harry Kane and Wayne Rooney to top marks?
WWE Raw results: Brock Lesnar suspended for post-Wrestlemania 31 rampage after losing title to Seth Rollins
WrestleMania 31: The Undertaker begins a new streak after tombstoning Bray Wyatt
Louis van Gaal: Manchester United boss reveals that being a 'slow player' made him a better manager on warts and all documentary
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 3 Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
- 4 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 5 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet