World Cup 2014: When is the England squad announced?
All the details on Roy Hodgson's plans ahead of the tournament in Brazil
Wednesday 07 May 2014
With the Premier League season reaching its conclusion this Sunday, the eyes of English football will quickly turn to this summer's World Cup.
But when will Roy Hodgson reveal which players are on the plane to Brazil?
The England manager will announce his 23-man squad, as well as seven further players on standby, on Monday May 12 at the Luton base of England sponsor, Vauxhall.
The team will jet off to a training camp in Portugal before returning to England for their friendly with Peru at Wembley on May 30.
They then go to Miami for two final warm-up games against Ecuador and Honduras at NFL side Miami Dolphin's Sun Life Stadium, in early June.
England captain Steven Gerrard is certain of a place in the squad, but not everyone can feel so confident
Fifa's deadline for the final squads is June 2 and England can make any necessary changes up until this date.
Host nations Brazil were the first team to announce their squad for the show-piece tournament which starts on June 12.
Latest in Sport
Didier Drogba went absolutely mental in the Chelsea dressing room after Blues were given the Premier League trophy
Jack Wilshere's final-day strike wins Match of the Day's Goal of the Season award after Arsenal fans hijack vote
Liverpool's 2005 Champions League-winning side: From Jerzy Dudek to Vladimir Smicer - where are they now?
Jurgen Klopp favourite to replace Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool if he's sacked
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
- 1 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 2 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'