Which stadiums will host Euro 2020?
Wembley among contenders to host games
Uefa have announced that the Euro 2020 tournament will be held in a number of cities across the continent rather than in a single or joint-bid nations as before.
The race now begins to host the games, with the climax, including the semi-finals and final, expected to be staged in one venue.
One idea mooted is that the matches be hosted by the 12 top-ranked European nations, assuming they qualify.
Based on today's rankings, the possible host cities and stadiums would be as follows...
1. Spain - Santiago Bernabeu, Madrid
2. Germany - Olympic Stadium, Berlin
3. Portugal - Estadio da Luz, Lisbon
4. Italy - Stadio Olimpico, Rome
5. England - Wembley Stadium, London
6. Netherlands - Amsterdam ArenA
7. Russia - Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow
8. Croatia - Maksimir Stadium, Zagreb
9. Greece - Karaiskakis Stadium, Athens
10. Switzerland - St Jakob-Park, Basel
11. France - Stade de France, Paris
12. Belgium - Konig Baudouin, Brussels
Latest in Sport
Monaco is a street circuit where driver ability is more important than anywhere else and if we take ...
by Gareth Purnell
24 May 2013 02:00 AM
Three weeks ago as I drove off the Eurostar, I remember thinking what a very long time it was until ...
by Martin Ayres
23 May 2013 05:29 PM
McDowell did brilliantly to land the World Match Play title in Bulgaria last week, but it’s a format...
by Gareth Purnell
23 May 2013 09:13 AM
David Moyes delighted after Rio Ferdinand agrees to stay at Manchester United with new one-year contract
Sergio Garcia / Tiger Woods 'fried chicken' racism row takes fresh twist after 'coloured athletes' comment
After racist remark, Sergio Garcia fights for reputation as Tiger Woods slams 'hurtful' fried chicken joke
New Manchester City manager must deliver five trophies in five years
Manchester United slash interest bill by £10m a year
- 1 Pope Francis: Being an atheist is alright as long as you do good
- 3 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 4 Archaeologists uncover nearly 5,000 cave paintings in Burgos, Mexico
- 5 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.