Beckham helps Galaxy to final
Saturday 05 November 2011
David Beckham had a hand in both goals as the Los Angeles Galaxy beat the New York Red Bulls 2-1 to book their place in the MLS Western Conference final. The Galaxy led going into the game after a 1-0 win in the first leg and they finished the job at the Home Depot Center in LA.
Luke Rodgers levelled the aggregate scores in the fourth minute when he put the Red Bulls ahead, but Mike Magee headed in a trademark Beckham corner to make it 1-1 before half-time, and then Landon Donovan sealed the win with a penalty won by the former England captain. The Galaxy will have home advantage when they face Real Salt Lake in Sunday's final.
sportBayern Munich 2 Manchester City 3: City come from two down to beat reigning European Champions
arts + ents... and a chance to paint Booker Prize winning author Hilary Mantel
Latest in Sport
Transfer news round-up: Barcelona to offer £37m for Manchester United striker Robin van Persie; Manuel Neuer interests Manchester City; Luiz Gustavo on Tottenham radar
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Gareth Bale puts five-bedroom Essex mansion up for sale at £2.2m following £86m switch from Tottenham to Real Madrid
Former England captain Mick Mills 'turned a blind eye' to initiation ceremony abuse at Stoke City, which included sexual assault dubbed 'The Glove'
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial