Can you spot the difference? Statue of Ferguson unveiled at Old Trafford and yes, yes you can
Friday 23 November 2012
A collection of former and current Manchester United stars gathered at Old Trafford on Friday to attend the unveiling of a statue of manager Alex Ferguson.
Eric Cantona and Ruud van Nistelrooy were both present as the nine-foot bronze statue was unveiled, along with Peter Schmeichel — the Danish goalkeeper described by Ferguson as the "buy of the century" — and Norwegian forward Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who scored United's injury-time winner in the 1999 Champions League final.
The entire Manchester United first team squad, including Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie, were also at the present to get a look at the statue, which depicts the Scottish manager with his arms crossed.
Ferguson has been United's manager for 26 years, and is the Premier League's most successful manager with 12 titles.
Latest in Sport
The Prince of Wales Stakes today is regarded by many as the No1 race of the Royal Ascot meeting and ...
by Gareth Purnell
19 June 2013 02:01 AM
Today’s St James Palace looks a cracker and there has been sustained money for Dawn Approach since t...
by Gareth Purnell
18 June 2013 02:01 AM
Newcastle don’t need a football director – they need a new medical team after finishing bottom of the injury league
Newcastle United have shocked their fans by appointing Joe Kinnear as director of football but new f...
by Alex Miller
17 June 2013 04:39 PM
ACT Brumbies v British and Irish Lions - player ratings
Premier League fixture list unveiled: David Moyes and Jose Mourinho on an early collision course
Liverpool expected to complete deal for £6m Spanish winger Luis Alberto in next 48 hours
In pictures: Royal Ascot 2013 - Opening day
Exclusive: Cristiano Ronaldo advised to stay at Real Madrid for further 18 months before making possible switch to Manchester United
- 1 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf