Manchester United's worst XI under Sir Alex Ferguson
Wednesday 08 May 2013
Sir Alex Ferguson will retire after 27 years in charge of Manchester United, an incredible length of time in which he has accrued countless trophies and a knighthood for services to football.
He is the longest serving manager in world football and during those years has nurtured some of the finest footballing talent to hit the world stage. However, Sir Alex hasn't always got it right.
Here, we present a 'Worst XI', a selection of United players that even Ferguson couldn't make the best of.
Do you agree with our selection? Who would be in your 'Worst XI'? Leave your thoughts and comments below...
Latest in Sport
- 1 Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bruce Forsyth backs assisted dying campaign: 'If I had Alzheimer's or dementia I would do something about it'
- 5 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate