Arsenal winger Gervinho ruled out for three weeks with injury
Thursday 01 November 2012
Arsenal winger Gervinho is expected to be out for around three weeks with an ankle problem, manager Arsene Wenger confirmed this morning.
The Ivory Coast international had to be substituted following an awkward fall after coming on during the second half of last weekend's 1-0 win over QPR at Emirates Stadium.
Wenger revealed there were no fresh injury concerns following the midweek 7-5 Capital One Cup win at Reading ahead of Saturday's trip to Manchester United.
"Compared to last week Gervinho is of course out, for we think three weeks," he said.
"We have no comebacks, no Wojciech [Szczesny], no [Kieran] Gibbs, no [Abou] Diaby of course as well.
"Basically the squad should be approximately the squad we had last week. We have no injuries as well from Tuesday night."
Arsenal head to Schalke for a Champions League tie on Tuesday night, so Wenger will take that into consideration ahead of the United game.
"Some players still have heavy legs, but hopefully they will have recovered by Saturday," he said.
"We play Tuesday again so I will consider the global situation - some players will be available maybe more for Tuesday than Saturday."
Latest in Sport
How Manchester United manager David Moyes must wish for some of Manuel Pellegrini’s problems
World Cup 2014 draw: Greg Dyke makes 'cut throat' gesture after England are drawn in 'Group of Death'
World Cup 2014: Your guide to Group A - Brazil; Croatia; Mexico; Cameroon
World Cup draw 2014: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Arsenal vs Everton: Let loan players take on their parent clubs, says Arsène Wenger
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail