Jack Wilshere vows he will never leave Arsenal
Tuesday 08 November 2011
Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere has promised he will never leave the club.
The England midfielder, 19, wants to play a central role in bringing success to the north London club as Arsene Wenger continues trying to mould a team of young talents to end the club's trophy drought.
He told iFilmLondon.com: "Can I promise I will be at Arsenal for ever? I can promise that, yes.
"I've been at the club since I was nine and I've learned to love it.
"From the (Patrick) Vieira days, to (Dennis) Bergkamp, (Cesc) Fabregas, I've watched them come through and move on.
"But now there's a crop of new players, (Aaron) Ramsey, myself, Kieran Gibbs, hopefully we can really create something special.
"I love the club and I want to be part of its future."
Wilshere has yet to play for the club this season due to a stress fracture to his right ankle but is set to step up his training, six weeks after undergoing an operation on the injury.
"As I said had 6 week X-ray earlier and all going well," he wrote yesterday on his Twitter page.
"I can start to work a bit harder now."
Latest in Sport
Diego Costa injury: Chelsea striker a doubt for Everton match due to muscle injury
Arsenal transfer news: Gunners 'use Champions League draw to discuss move' for PSG teenager Adrien Rabiot
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger says he will be 'actively involved' on deadline day... but may not buy a striker despite Giroud injury
England manager Roy Hodgson lectures Luke Shaw over fitness issues
Champions League draw: Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City learn group stage fate
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage