Tim Sherwood told he will take charge of Tottenham game against Southampton this weekend
The interim manager said after Tottenham's 2-1 defeat to West Ham he was uncertain if would still be in charge by the weekend
Tim Sherwood has been told he will be in charge of the Tottenham Hotspur team for Sunday’s Premier League game against Southampton.
The interim manager said last night, after the defeat to West Ham in the quarter-final of the Capital One Cup, that he was still unsure whether he would be managing the side for the game at St Mary's. However, the 44-year-old was informed today by chairman Daniel Levy that he remains in charge for the weekend.
Sherwood took training this morning with the members of the first team who were not given the morning off to rest and will face the press tomorrow, with the squad travelling to Southampton on Saturday afternoon. Spurs are still waiting for news on the severity of the injury to Andros Townsend, who pulled up with what looked like a bad hamstring tear at White Hart Lane last night.
Sherwood will have Michael Dawson available again with the captain having served his suspension. Sherwood will have to decide what to do with the central defensive pairing of Etienne Capoue and Vlad Chiriches that were exposed by West Ham's direct approach. Younes Kaboul could yet figure in the starting line-up.
Record-signing Erik Lamela was unavailable for yesterday's cup tie with a minor injury problem but is expected to be in the travelling squad for Southampton.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Joan Smith: Call off the search teams - the G-spot is a myth
- 2 Andreas Whittam Smith: Forget what sounds clever. Just run the country
- 3 Lineker blames £25,000-a-year school after son fails to make grade
- 4 Steve Richards: Cameron can't easily dismiss the toxic trail to Murdoch's bid
- 5 'Cuddle drug' may be the new Viagra
- 6 Robert Fisk: The Children of Fallujah - the hospital of horrors
- 7 Scientists say Turin Shroud is supernatural
- 8 Sleeping around: My moment of truth happened at university
- 9 French in uproar over oral sex anti-smoking posters
Ukip election posters: Nigel Farage defends 'racist' campaign anti-immigration campaign ahead of Europe elections
Ukip leader Nigel Farage defends employing German wife, at launch of anti-immigration poster campaign
Is Britain really a land of God? Furious debate after David Cameron claims we are a Christian country
An open letter to Nigel Farage: you may smile, but I am not seduced
Ukip leader Nigel Farage boasts: We will hold balance of power at next general election, just as Nick Clegg did
Nigel Farage: Calling Ukip’s posters ‘racist’ is yet another example of shameful Westminster evasion