Barça VP arrives to net Fabregas
Barcelona have sent their vice-president, Josep Bartomeu, to London to work on the deal to sign Cesc Fabregas from Arsenal as well as negotiate a £4.35m transfer fee for Chelsea's 19-year-old defensive midfielder Oriol Romeu.
Barcelona believe they can offer up to £37m in their total payments for Fabregas but, as with the £35m deal for Alexis Sanchez from Udinese, much of that is expected to be performance-related.
Fabregas has stayed behind in London with a hamstring injury while the rest of his team-mates play Cologne in Germany today.
filmFilm producers sue Warner Bros for $75m over Hobbit films
voicesJust when you thought you could find a man, get married, and have a baby by the age of 35... it turns out you’re too late, says Grace Dent
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
Latest in Sport
Tottenham to use controversial blood-spinning technique to speed Jan Vertonghen return
World Cup 2014: Football Manager developers predict the team of the tournament - but which England player makes it into the XI?
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Transfer news: Wayne Rooney sparks Manchester United exit rumours after rejecting new contract talks - reports
Champions League last 16 draw 2013: Who could Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United meet?
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 3 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 4 Not all right on the night
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding