Juventus director general Beppe Marotta has confirmed the Serie A club have enquired about the availability of Shanghai Shenhua striker Didier Drogba.
The Bianconeri have already made an approach to sign Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente on a Bosman free transfer in the summer, but with Arsenal loanee Nicklas Bendtner sidelined through injury, the Italian champions are eager to bolster their immediate options.
Quoted on calciomercato.com, Marotta told television programme Domenica Sportiva: "Drogba? We are always making enquiries and we have made one for him.
"We have asked about his availability and after that we will look at the financial aspects and talk to the coach."
Juve boss Conte had previously ruled out any approach for the former Chelsea striker, but player recruitment is overseen by Marotta, with Drogba's agent recently revealing his client has an option to end his two-and-a-half year contract in China.
"Didier has a termination agreement with the Chinese club and I think he has a lot of possibilities to move to Italy in January," Carlos Arino Bajo told tuttomercatoweb.com.
"There is real interest from Juventus and AC Milan, and it is the same from Didier regarding the transfer.
"There have been contacts with both clubs and next week we will hear from them again. He would love to compete in one of the world's best leagues, such as the Italian Serie A."
Drogba has been training with Chelsea, with whom he won the Champions League in May, in the lead-up to the African Nations Cup which begins in South Africa on January 19.
- More about:
- Chelsea F.c.
- Italian Football
- Nicklas Bendtner
- Premier League
- South Africa
- UEFA Champions League