Welcome to the new Independent website. We hope you enjoy it and we value your feedback. Please contact us here.


Robinho could still leave Madrid says agent

Robinho's representative Wagner Ribeiro is not ruling out the possibility of the Brazilian ace leaving Real Madrid this summer, and claims the Spanish champions would accept a 40million euro (£31.6m) offer for the Chelsea target.

Madrid have publicly insisted they have no intention of selling Robinho while Ribeiro himself was quoted as saying on Wednesday that he felt the door had been closed to any possible move to Stamford Bridge for the 24-year-old winger.

However, Ribeiro now appears to have backtracked on that statement, telling a Spanish radio station that until the transfer window closes "anything is possible", and that Madrid would accept a big-money offer for the player.

"I spoke with (Madrid sporting director) Pedja Mijatovic and with (Madrid president) Ramon Calderon and they told me that Robinho has to stay, that he cannot leave.

"So we cannot do anything because he has two years on his contract with Real Madrid," Ribeiro was quoted as telling Onda Madrid.

"Robinho never said that he is not happy at Madrid, but the fact is that he has a more interesting economic offer, that's all.

"Yes, I have to say that until August 31 anything is possible, until the transfer market closes we do not give this matter up as closed.

"The president Ramon Calderon has promised Robinho that if the club is presented with an offer of 40 million euros he will be allowed to leave."