'The name is Bond, James Rodriguez': Is this the best worst headline ever?
James Rodriguez related headline is shaken not sub-edited
James Rodriguez's impressive performance at the World Cup has earned him rave reviews and links with several top flight clubs, but now, thanks to the Times of India, he's also been given perhaps the worst catchphrase of all time.
The newspaper was trying to draw attention to the fact that the Colombian was named after James Bond in an article published yesterday, but despite making a totally passable 'left the World Cup shaken and stirred' gag in the copy, the howler of a headline 'The name is Bond, James Rodriguez' somehow made it past sub-editors.
It was picked up before it went online, where the story has the slightly more logical 'Hot Rod: Young James has license to thrill' headline, but not before the print original exploded on Twitter where it was branded the 'worst headline ever'.
Latest in Sport
Manchester United transfer news: More signings expected, indicates Ed Woodward
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger says he will not be signing a striker this summer
CM Punk 'never ever ever' returning to WWE (so he probably will)
Manchester United transfer news: Completed summer deals
James Rodriguez joins Real Madrid: World Cup top scorer completes £63m move
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 3 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda